Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
As we continue to work on celebrating our differences through cultural events at Manor, we are looking for more parents to participate in the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program. The mission of DEI is a school community where every member feels seen, heard and empowered.
2023 Meeting Dates at Manor School Library
- Jan 12
- Feb 9
- Mar 9
- Apr 6
- May 11
DEI Lens for Manor Community Events
- Does the event include content from a variety of cultures, backgrounds, family structures, gender identities, and learning styles?
- Is the communication about the event inclusive for all languages and provided in a variety of ways?
- Is the time and day of the event inclusive for all? Are there alternatives provided? Zoom? Childcare?
- Are the decorations, costumes, flyers, and posters culturally sensitive?
- Are there any special accommodations needed for the event for neurodiverse students/adults or students/adults with physical disabilities?
- Does the event have a cost for families? If so, are scholarships available?
- Overall, does the event create a sense of belonging for all?